Thursday, November 5, 2009

Person, Place or Object Pre-draft Essay

I am uncertain as to what I would like to write about for my third essay. I have several ideas, and I will have to free write or brainstorm so I can decide which one I would like to write about.
A person I am thinking of writing about is my father. He is the most generous man in the world and is the most caring person I know. He would do anything for the people he cares about, and is very selfless. My father is constantly working hard and never stops unless everyone is happy. He works long days and when he comes home from work, instead of unwinding he is eager to go out and please my family with whatever we may want. In addition to being so caring, he is very smart and can do just about anything. When I was in middle and high school, my father always helped me with my math homework because he is a CPA, so he is very smart in math. When something is wrong with my car, he can fix it with no problem. He knows how to do so many things and is always there when my family needs him.
A place I am thinking about writing about is one of the places I've been to on vacation. These places include Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin, Puerto Rico, Italy, California and Spain. I consider Aruba to be a safe haven because I have been there so many times, and it is a place my family and I constantly go back to because it is so beautiful there. Recently in the summer we went to Italy - our homeland. I am thinking of writing about that trip and talk about my Italian heritage since it fits the vacation I went on very well.
I have several ideas of what to write about, it is just a matter of putting them together and choosing a topic.

2 comments:

  1. Cara,
    I think your idea is a great start, writing about your father's personality and your love for him is very touching. We probably have a similar dilemma as far as picking a focus aside from the actual person or object. Like you, I know what I want to write about(a picture) but still have to brainstorm about the overall comment I am trying to make through my essay. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara - I like what you share about your father. One way to do it is to tell stories of what he does and says and his wonderful personality will shine through those stories. Maureen

    ReplyDelete