Thursday, December 3, 2009

Blog 21 - Revision

7. Is the language general or specific? Is it abstract or concrete? Note any abstract words that could be replaced with fresh images. Can you suggest any images? Does every word, sentence, scene have a purpose? What can be cut?

Some of my writing is very vague and abstract and I don't elaborate on the details I provided and rarely have any details at all. I just put my thoughts down on paper hoping to expand it later on and elaborate on my trip to Italy and my relationship with Dan. I need to provide more imagery in my work and provide images for the reader to believe that he/she is actually where I am and can picture what I experienced. My writing would be better if I made every sentence meaningful and make it have a purpose. Instead of just writing what I did in Italy and what I saw, I want to make the reader experience it as if he/she was actually there with me. I don't think anything should be cut for my essay, just elaborated and expanded with more specific details.

No comments:

Post a Comment